If your order has not been shipped, please contact us.
If your order has been shipped, you will need to return the item to us.
Returning or Exchanging Items
If you are not completely happy with your purchase, simply return the item or items to us in original saleable condition within 7 days of receipt. We will issue a refund (see below for details). Items marked with an asterisk ( * ) in the product name or identified as vintage/donor or otherwise indicated, are non-refundable.
- All items returned must have a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number. Unidentified items may be returned the the sender.
- All items must be returned new, unused and with all original labels still attached. Returns that are damaged or soiled may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- Where provided, accessories, documentation, tags, labels and any retail packaging must be included with your return.
- Parts and kits should be inspected before use or assembly and reviewed for missing or damaged parts. It is advisable to loose assemble mechanical parts or power/soak test electronics before final fitting. When fitted, be careful when installing/removing so as to ensure items are not marked/scuffed/damaged, otherwise the returns may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- Retail packaged items must be returned in their original, undamaged retail packaging, as this is part of the product. Items returned without packaging or in damaged packaging may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges on ESD sensitive components if they have been removed from their sealed ESD packaging, unless they are faulty. Damage arising from mishandling of ESD sensitive components will be considered to be damage from wear and year and not considered to be faulty and are non-refundable.
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges for custom made-to-order products, unless they are faulty or they do not meet mutually agreed specifications. Please check dimensions, spellings and other critical factors prior to submitting artwork/drawings.
- The item remains your property and therefore your responsibility until it reaches us. We recommend that you return the items using a tracked, registered and insured delivery service. We can not refund if we do not receive the returned items.
- The costs of returning the item is your responsibility. In many cases we can provide a collection service, the cost of which will be deducted from the refund.
- Items may take up to 14 working days to be received and processed by us. We will notify you of receipt of returned items by email.
- Items must be returned within 14 days of the date of your RMA request. Returns after this period are accepted at our discretion and may only be refunded as a Gift Voucher. RMA requests made after 7 days will also be granted at our discretion.
- Keep returned items in the same shipment to ensure your return is processed as quickly as possible.
- Ensure items are returned in their original packaging to ensure they are adequately protected in transit. Retail packaging must be protected as it is considered part of the product, and your return may not be accepted if the packaging is damaged.
- You may cancel a Gift Voucher within 7 days of receipt of the Gift Voucher Code, for a full refund, provided the Gift Voucher code has not been used.
- You may only cancel a Gift Voucher for a refund if it has been purchased from the Website. Gift Vouchers supplied in-kind, whether complimentary or in the form of refunds or remaining balances are non-refundable.
- Notwithstanding anything else in the Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of returning the item to us.
- Contact the MakerBase Team for an RMA request, quoting your order number, name, address and details of the item.
- Arrange for shipment or arrange a collection with us.
- Return the items with invoice/packing note to our returns address. Ensure the RMA number is marked clearly on both the invoice/packing note and the parcel.
- You will be notified by email upon receipt of returned items.
Corbygate Business Park,
If the item you received is missing items, please contact the MakerBase Team for help. Where possible, we will replace missing items at no cost through our spares service.
If the item you receive is faulty or damaged in transit, please contact the MakerBase Team for an RMA request. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return. Where possible, we will offer to repair the faulty items.
Please note that items damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty and are non-refundable.
If you have received an item that you did not originally order, please contact the MakerBase Team for an RMA request. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return.
Your refund will either be credited to the original purchaser's credit/debit card or supplied as a Gift Voucher, and if collected by us, will exclude shipping costs (with the exception of wrong or faulty items), to cover the cost of the collection service.
If a discount or offer was applied against your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted for the revised order value and appropriate discount.
Items purchased in full or in part with a Gift Voucher will be refunded accordingly in full or in part with a new replacement Gift Voucher.
Customs duties and Sales taxes for non-UK customers are non-refundable ? you may be able to recover these by contacting your local relevant tax authority.
Distance Selling Regulations for UK Residents
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order, for a full refund. This does not apply to items marked with an asterisk ( * ) in the product name or identified as vintage/donor or otherwise indicated.
All order cancellations must be made in writing, quoting your order number and sent within 7 working days of receiving the items (starting from the day after receipt).
We will provide a full refund, but you must return the cancelled items at your cost. We may arrange to collect the items from you, at your cost, if we do not receive the items back.
Your statutory rights are not affected by our returns policy.
These terms were last updated on 13th March 2013.
Lots of great products for robotics, home automation, model trains, R&D, prototyping, small-scale manufacture, 3D printing, CNC, energy, environmental monitoring, R/C vehicles...
We source, make and sell a curated range of products for electronics development, robotics, 3D printing, model automation, home automation and just about any other project you have in mind.
Need help? Visit our Help & Support pages for FAQs, our returns policy, terms and conditions, shipping guide and lots of other useful information.
Have an inquiry? Send us a message or ask us a question using our Contact page. We always welcome your feedback.